Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Silicon Valley Startup Ideation Bootcamp - from the Founder Institute
Wednesday, November 16, 2011 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PST)
Mountain View, CA
So you have an idea for a startup, do you? But what is the next step? This is it.
In just three hours, the Startup Ideation Bootcamp will help you improve your idea, come up with new ideas, and even recruit potential cofounders. Join us for a fun evening.
What is the Startup Ideation Bootcamp?
The Startup Ideation Bootcamp provides expert advice with real-world practice. The evening begins with talks by leading startup Founders designed to teach you the components of good and bad startup ideas. For example, is your market big enough, is there organic growth potential, and a clear path to profitability? Then, attendees can share their ideas with both experts and peers to receive constructive feedback. The evening format is based on the best practices of the Founder Institute, the largest pre-seed incubator in the world.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who has an idea for an early-stage company.
- Anyone that is interested starting or joining a new startup.
- Anyone interested in learning about the Founder Institute.
What is the Agenda?
06:00 to 06:30 PM - Welcome to Ideation Bootcamp!
06:30 to 07:00 PM - Adeo Ressi on Startup Ideation
07:00 to 07:30 PM - Will Bunker on Startup Ideation
07:30 to 07:45 PM -Break
07:45 to 08:30 PM - Attendee Sharing Ideas to the Audience w/ Feedback
08:30 to 09:00 PM - Speed Idea Sharing to Peers
09:00 to 11:00 PM - Drinks at a Local Bar
Who will be Speaking?
The Local Director of the Founder Institute, as well as some of the program's highest rated Mentors, will speak and provide feedback on company pitches. Confirmed speakers include:
- Adeo Ressi, CEO of the Founder Institute, Founding Member of TheFunded.com - Adeo Ressi is Founding Member of TheFunded.com, an online community of 17,000 CEOs to research, rate, and review funding sources worldwide. Adeo also runs the Founder Institute, a mentoring program that helps entrepreneurs launch hundreds of world-class companies each year. The Institute is the eighth start-up that Adeo has founded or built, four of which were acquired and three of which are still operating.
- Will Bunker, Co-founder of vChatter - Will Bunker is currently the co-founder of vChatter, a “clean” version of Chatroulette that also allows Facebook users to video chat with their Facebook friends. He previously co-founded the online dating service that became Match.com, the world’s largest personals site. In 1996 Will and a partner raised $90,000 from angel investors to start online personals pioneer One-and-Only.com. In late 1999 they sold Dallas-based One-and-Only for $45 million to Ticketmaster Online/City Search, where it was rebranded Match.com. Following his exit, Will acquired Click Patrol, a service that managed key word advertising for Overture and others, which he sold to a competitor in 2002. He then moved back to his native Arkansas and acquired an industrial catfish farming operation, which he expanded into a more efficient and profitable business. In 2004 he and Dan Owen formed White Space Ventures. In 2007 he relocated to Portola Valley, CA so he could utilize the infrastructure and talent pool in the Bay Area to develop a new student-centric online learning community, YoYoBrain.com.
What is the Founder Institute?
The Founder Institute is a global network of startups and mentors that helps entrepreneurs launch meaningful and enduring technology companies. Through our four month pre-seed incubator program, you can launch your dream company with expert training, feedback, and support from experienced startup CEOs, while not being required to quit your day job. Our unique Bonus Pool also shares equity upside with all participants, creating local, teamwork-based ecosystems where great startups can flourish. In less than two years of operation, the Founder Institute has already helped launch over 400 technology companies in over 20 cities worldwide.
How do I join the Institute?
Learn more about the Founder Institute here.
If you could benefit from expert training, advice and feedback to launch a meaningful and enduring technology company, apply today. If you apply using the link below and show up to the event, you will be invited to take the Predictive Admissions Test for free:
Thank you, and enjoy!
When & Where
The Founder Institute
The Founder Institute is an early-stage startup accelerator and global launch network that helps entrepreneurs create meaningful and enduring technology companies. Through a part-time four month program, existing and prospective founders can launch their dream company with expert training, feedback and support from experienced startup CEOs.
In just three years of operation, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 675 companies across 39 cities and five continents, making the Institute into the world's largest startup accelerator.
See more events at http://fi.co/events.